What is Pregnancy & Post-Natal Massage?
Here’s a little bit about Pregnancy & Post-Natal Massage and how it works for those of you who are new to it.
This massage is deeply relaxing and focuses specifically on your needs as your body changes throughout your pregnancy and after childbirth.
There are many benefits of having massage treatments during and after pregnancy and a course of treatments is recommended.
How can it help?
- Relief from pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs
- Relief from muscle tension caused by softening of joints and an increase in weight
- Increases blood and lymph circulation to reduce swelling from excess fluid
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues.
- Tones over-stretched areas of skin
- Provides relief for an exhausted body
- Relieves emotional and physical stress that result from being sleep deprived
- Eases muscle aches & pains that result from nursing & carrying your newborn
There are some conditions which can arise during pregnancy which are either contra-indicated or a letter from your consultant may be required. If there have been any concerns please discuss with me prior to booking your treatment.
If you would like to book an appointment or simply have any questions, it’s easy to get in touch.
m: 07956 532919